Formulating an effective SEO strategy can be a challenge. Google is continuously refining and updating its search algorithms, much to the dismay of many search engine optimization (SEO) managers, in a never ending quest to remain the number one search engine. This means SEO marketers need to stay ahead of the game, updating and changing their SEO strategy in accordance with the changes Google makes. Remaining up-to-date with the most effective search engine optimization (SEO) tools is a key component to achieving good search results.
Over the last several years there have been so many new SEO tools created by SEO software companies that even the most experienced SEO agency owners have trouble deciding which SEO software tools to use to achieve those coveted high-ranking search results.
Some SEO tools may work better than others, depending on your business and SEO strategy. The process of weeding through the many SEO tools can be time-consuming, so to help you navigate through a key component of the SEO industry, here are the best SEO software tools available on the market today:
Best SEO Software Tools
1. SEMrush: Used by businesses big and small, this SEO tool is one of the most popular tools on the market today, and has been for a while. Many SEO marketers and business owners love it because it does your keyword research for you, monitors and tracks your competitor’s keyword strategy, checks for backlinking opportunities, and performs SEO audits of your blog, among other features.
2. Ahrefs SEO Keyword Tool: Known for being the second most active crawler after Google, this widely used SEO analysis tool is used often by SEO pros for URL rankings, compiling audit reports, keyword analysis, identifying competitors backlinks, and viral content research. Its content creation explorer tool can help you to formulate a content strategy for pretty much any topic, which is important considering that quality content is an essential component of SEO today. If you’re on the hunt for someone to write a few guest posts for your blog, you can also use it to keep an eye out for freelancers.
3. Google Search Console: Available to basically anyone with a website, this free tool helps you to track and report on your webpage’s performance in Google’s Search Engine Results Pages (SERP). Features in the tool include information on your website’s search traffic, search appearance, technical status updates, and crawl stats.
4. SpyFu: Rated as a top competitive analysis tool by many SEO professionals, SpyFu is used to discover new competitors and determine which keywords they buy, how many monthly clicks their website generates, what ads they create on Google Adwords, and which of their competitors are paid or organic. One of the things SEO marketers love about this competitor research tool is how detailed and comprehensive the information you find on your competitors is.
5. Majestic: Known for having one of the largest commercially available backlink indexes in the world, this link analysis tool has features that include the Site Explorer which allows you to easily track the number and quality of backlinks you have. In addition, other features include a tool that allows you to view the ranking of the top million websites, conduct site comparisons and analyze the top keyword rank positions.
6. Google Analytics: This free web analytics tool, is one of the most frequently used digital analytics software tools available. It has features that allow you to track online traffic that your website receives including rate conversions and who your visitors are. It also allows you to track the effectiveness of your online marketing strategy, user experience, webpage content, and site functionality.
7. Siteliner: Many SEO professionals find this tool most effective for finding duplicate content. It has simple and easy to use features that allow you to check for broken links, average page speed and size, and more. If you’re a small business owner and you have a new website it can help you to identify website issues and give insights on how to improve your website as well.
8. KWFinder: This SEO keyword tool is quickly becoming one of the top SEO tools available. Its features include a keyword suggestion tool that helps you to identify long-tail keywords to improve your website traffic, and a rank tracker tool that helps you to identify your website ranking and track your improvement. In addition, you can use it to run audits on backlinks and SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
9. Screaming Frog: This popular SEO tool is best known for its fast-performing crawler that allows you to deepcrawl websites’ URLs and perform site audits scanning for duplicate content, bad redirections, and makes suggestions for how to fix errors and improve link building.
10. Serpstat: Made by a software company based in Ukraine, this comprehensive SEO platform tool is a growth-hacking platform for SEO, PPC, and content marketing. Some of the many features included in this platform are keyword research, backlink audits, site analysis, rank tracking, competitor keywords, and other unique features like the Missing Keyword tool, which identifies competitor keywords that rank in the top-10 search results.
11. MOZ Pro: Different from Moz Local, Moz Pro is one of the more popular SEO powersuite’s available on the market today. SEO experts love the features Moz has such as a backlink checker, a rank tracker, and an on-page analyzer. In addition, it has a keyword research tool that is helpful for identifying keywords with low search volumes.
12. BrightEdge: This all-in-one suite of SEO tools has a number of unique features such as a customizable dashboard with many API system integrations available, a universal search rank tracking tool, an AI-backed content creation tool, and a feature called the DataCube which can be used to discover new markets and conduct competitor research.
13. Conductor: This SEO powersuite is one of the more comprehensive SEO Platforms available on the market. Although many SEO consultants shy away from using it for technical SEO analysis, it has several unique features such as dashboards that layout tasks in a simplified, easy to view way, content planning tools, keyword rankings that help to measure the success of SEO campaigns, and competitor analysis tools.
14. SE Ranking: Used by everyone from small businesses to top SEO experts, this all-in-one SEO platform offers just about every feature you could need from social media features to an SEO insights tool and more. SEO experts report this platform is great for dominating their niche market, despite how competitive it may be. Another benefit of this tool is it’s cost-effective.
15. Raven Tools: This is another all-in-one SEO software suite with a lot of different features that include a dashboard that lays out campaigns in a clean, simplified way, link builder tools, competitor analysis tools, and SEO research tools with Google Analytics, SEO metrics, and a website audit features built-in.
SEO experts understand how fast-moving the SEO industry is, and in order to stay ahead of the competition, you need the best SEO tools. While no SEO software platform or SEO tool is going to bring you an SEO solution that will solve all your issues, the above SEO tools can help if used in the right way. The important thing is that you’re willing to put in the work to formulate a good strategy which if works well, will lead to improved website visibility.